I think my guppy is going to pop!! Lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
etty82 said:
Hi BB I've already done the food and the babies are in a completely separate tank from the adults to minimise loss. I've left the mother in the breeding net to let her recover before I introduce her back in with the ever sexually frustrated males lol. How long do you think I should wait before moving her back in?

Congrats! I had a drop just two days ago...they're such cute little things to watch! Anyway, I normally put the mother back in the main tank normally a few hours after her last drop, since the mother gets super hungry after dropping all the fry and what better way to get energy back than to snack on some little ones?

I normally plop a few floating plastic plants into the main tank after a drop so that she can hide from my male to get some well deserves rest. Enjoy watching them grow!

Your Guppies

Hi BB I've already done the food and the babies are in a completely separate tank from the adults to minimise loss. I've left the mother in the breeding net to let her recover before I introduce her back in with the ever sexually frustrated males lol. How long do you think I should wait before moving her back in?

Hello again etty...

I've never separated my fish, so you're now the local authority. You need to have several females for every male, or you risk stressing the female. I'd say return her to the main tank when you can. She's done her job. The little ones need a little frozen brine or mysis shrimp. A little frozen bloodworms and plankton are also very nourishing. Feed a little every few hours.

In about a week or so, with good food, the fry could go into the main tank. Then, feed all your fish a little more than usual for another week or two.

B

Back
Top Bottom