I tried to give my pleco away but.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
I tried to give my pleco away but seems like no one wants it!.....so do you guys think any pet stores will take it for sale or trade??......thanks for any info

Call and ask, the worse thing that can happen is they say they arent interested.

If it's a medium to fully grown pleco they would be hesitant as they are harder to sell. Worst case scenario is that they would agree to take it, not buy it or give you store credit.

Just tell them you can't keep it and maybe they will take it. Don't ask for any store credit. I did that with some tetras I couldn't keep. I had them in a 10g, which was too small and I had a few other fish that needed a bigger group. I actually rescued the tetras from my brother who would only remember to feed them like once a week. So Petsmart took them.

Some lfs's will give store credit towards another purchase. With all my babies, the lfs here has offered to buy some from me, as it's hard for them to order what they are wanting, and since I bought my fish from them, they know the colors of mine are going to be what they want. :)

actually ive looking for local aquarium petsites and i met a man (seemed like he knew a lot) who said he would trade me for it .......so he's supposed to come pick it up in 15 20 minutes......... said he would give me a couple of his baby ottos for it.....he said his 75gal tank could use one......so i guess im pretty lucky.....tanks for your advice......

Back
Top Bottom