I want a 15 gallon tank, with 2x24 W light, isnt it too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azteke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

The external filter: Eheim Classic 2213
Light: Odyssea Dual Pro 2x24
Heater: Jager (Eheim) 50 W -> is jager a good(reliable) brand, is it a good heater?

Everybody told me that 48W will be too much, and the water will become green and full of algae. Whats ur opinion is it a real problem?

This is T5HO bulbs henh ? Too much for sure.

I have 2x39W T5HO on my 29g, and if I go topless, I get green water at 6 hrs/days.

With this light you'll need to dose pressurized CO2 for sure as I do. Are you ready to invest into the CO2 system ? (Cost around 300$).

You'll have to do great nutrients control to avoid algae issues with this light too...

Make sure you go with 6000-7000K° lights.

Try a dual t5 no, 28 total watts! I have one on a 20 tall and it's growing med light plants pretty well!

But there is only this model: Odyssea Dual Pro T5 and it doesnt work with one "bulb". What should i do?

Whats the Difference between T5HO and T5?

For the same wattage, you get less PAR (lumens) from the T5.

Same for T8, you get less PAR for same wattage.

So T5HO is the most energy (and size) efficient, but cost more.

Dimmable leds are very cool too, as you can adjust the intensity.

So you dont heard about Odyssea T5? Because i cant really find here T5 with one bulb or dual t8.

If you plan to keep a top on the tank and put the fixture behind the plexiglass of the top it should be ok.

But you won't be able to put it ON for more than 6hrs/days. Maybe more, you'll see. I suggest you dose Seachem Excel daily with this light to prevent algae growth, or you invest into pressurized CO2.

You're lucky, your Eheim 2213 won't remove CO2 from the water !

Thanks, but i wonder if i can take out on of the bulbs in the Odyssea Dual Pro T5.

So in ur opinion which watt number is the max without risking algae or green water?

Depends on the type of light... But this fixture will be the maximum possible for sure. You can always add a screen under the light to lower it effiency...

If you plan topless, then less light is required, and more water will be in contact with the light, so it increase the green water chances. If you keep a top on the tank, less water is in contact with the light, so it lower the green water chances...

In the worst case for green water you can go up with in-line uv sterilizer... But that won't prevent staghorn or BB algae.
Do you know your tap water quality ?

Ammonia ? Nitrites ? Nitrates ? KH (optional except if you didn't bought the fish yet)

But can u tell a number? :D

30 watt? 36watt? For max?

By the way your left aquarium (blue) is very cool and the other too, is there any other pics? :D

By the way your left aquarium (blue) is very cool and the other too, is there any other pics? :D

That's my tank:
247070DSC04588.jpg

29g Highlight (2x39W T5HO) + pressurized CO2.

Its beautiful :)

So what about the Watts for me ? :lol:

Maybe i'll try to make an Iwagumi, if its possible.

Its beautiful :)

So what about the Watts for me ? :lol:

Maybe i'll try to make an Iwagumi, if its possible.

Iwagumi require tons of lighting. The fixture you spotted will do the job. (Dwarf haigrass and HC require a lot of light). I would say 40 watts T5HO. At this level you need carbon supplement.

What's the tank size ? (Dimensions)

60x30x30
But i cant afford CO2.

So about 30 watt is ideal for a 15 gallon aquarium? Without green water or algea, and without CO2? Or 36watt?

Maybe it'll be Iwagumi like if i cant make it without CO2.

60x30x30
But i cant afford CO2.

So about 30 watt is ideal for a 15 gallon aquarium? Without green water or algea, and without CO2? Or 36watt?

Maybe it'll be Iwagumi like if i cant make it without CO2.

Seachem Excel daily does almost same job as pressurized CO2, but a bit less efficient. In my case I dose pressurized CO2, and excel if I get algaes.

At this light levels, it's all about fine tuning the photoperiod.

Back
Top Bottom