I want a RED African?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually have a tomato aka sp35 in trying to sell, because I found an sp super red Makobe island today. I found a new fish store. Livefishdirect.com is like 15 minutes from my house, and open to the public on Saturday, I was a kid in a candy store.

I actually have a tomato aka sp35 in trying to sell, because I found an sp super red Makobe island today. I found a new fish store. Livefishdirect.com is like 15 minutes from my house, and open to the public on Saturday, I was a kid in a candy store.

Your so lucky! I visit that cite a lot

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your so lucky! I visit that cite a lot

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I couldn't believe it either, I've been on their site a ton. And it wasn't until yesterday I noticed "Draper, UT"
I'm like OMG, went up there today, it is glorious. I would not hesitate at all ordering from them. All their specimens look GREAT. And I found the two fish I have wanted for a while, the super red Makobe Island, and the Red Cap Lethrinops.
Only now my SP35 is viciously chasing the new Makobe, so in going to put him in my other tank, and sell it.

So far I have raised up 2 "ruby reds" and a "German red" only to be disappointed.

So now I have a German red, red shoulder, eureka red, red cap Lethrinops, ngara flametail, and a super red Makobe island, so hopefully I'll see slot more red in there in the next year or so. Everything else is blue, white, yelliw and green, mostly blue and yellow, red is my favorite color, it's been frustrating. But I'm sure at least one if these fish will do. Like always going to raise then up, and then only keep the best ones. Unless they are all great, then I'm going to have to make some hard choices, or get a bigger tank.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398030329.698079.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398030340.418598.jpg
This is the flametail. I picked him out as a maleF he's really dark right now, just looking for confirmation. Unfortunately his anal fin has been shredded. He's about. 1" long.

I couldn't believe it either, I've been on their site a ton. And it wasn't until yesterday I noticed "Draper, UT"
I'm like OMG, went up there today, it is glorious. I would not hesitate at all ordering from them. All their specimens look GREAT. And I found the two fish I have wanted for a while, the super red Makobe Island, and the Red Cap Lethrinops.
Only now my SP35 is viciously chasing the new Makobe, so in going to put him in my other tank, and sell it.

I take it back!! I was just about to move the red cap into the show tank, when I saw it ICH ICH ICH!!! I'm so pissed. I haven't gotten a fish this sick since the last time I went to petsmart.

Balls I just realized I have totally cross contaminated. Crap crap crap! Why did I have to get new fish!!

Have never treated tank fish before but have had luck treating my koi with ich-out for the water than individually treated each fish to a salt bath. Did over course of 3 days 20% water change each day then treatment.

I'm concerned, he is COVERED with Ich, head to toe. I'm using salt, heat, and Marinelands new Ich remedy. (Victoria green, and nitromersol)
But in my experience, when it's that bad, the fish doesn't make it.

I'm also using Melafix, to stop any secondary bacterial infection, and help them heal. He just looks terrible. I'm so pissed.

Yea sometimes they hit that point of no return even with treatment. Just keep treating daily and even if it dies treat for at least three more days if not more to prevent it from spreading.

Yea sometimes they hit that point of no return even with treatment. Just keep treating daily and even if it dies treat for at least three more days if not more to prevent it from spreading.

Ya I'm going to go until the treatment runs out, like 7-8 days.
Right now the fish seems fine, he's breathing hard, but no harder than his tank mates. The fact that all the spots are so visible means they are about to rupture, which is good, they be off of him. Just as long as he survives that. If not, I'm going back up there Saturday to ***** up a storm and get another fish.

Although id get one from a different tank, probably a intermedius lethrinops.

I did call them to let them know they have a problem. I haven't had the fish long enough for the Ich to be that bad.

Remind me: when I drop the temp back down to 78 do I need to do it gradually or can I just go for it?

I think he's going to make it, it's early yet, but his breathing is back to normal and he's doing "up downs" against the glass.

Can't wait this is what he is supposed to look like, he has these features, he's just not showing cause he's sick. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398224377.272433.jpg

Back
Top Bottom