Ian086's 29g Planted Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More Pics

Attachments

• DSCF9681.jpg
    DSCF9681.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF9685.jpg
    DSCF9685.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF9683.jpg
    DSCF9683.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 134
I can't see the pictures I'm posting. I just get the message "Image Rotate" where the picture(s) should be. Anyone know a fix for this??. I know OS had the same issue a while back....

Custom Build LED

Here's a cut & paste of one of the letters from BML during the Ian's light build.

"Greetings from Austin Texas!
Your order is now on our build schedule and I thought you might like to know a little about the way we build each fixture.

We use a combination of state-of-the-art robotic equipment and good old fashioned craftsmanship to create each fixture. My associates and I start with one 12” printed circuit board for each 12” of fixture (nano fixtures use 7” boards). We build the LED board from scratch using a robotic assembly machine to place the combination of LED colors you’ve selected onto each circuit board. Once the LEDs are positioned on the circuit board they are slowly run through an oven (sorta like a hi-tech pizza oven!) that gradually heats the boards from 75 to 465 degrees Fahrenheit. This melts the solder evenly and permanently fuses the LEDs to the circuit board.
When they cool we check them by eye for obvious problems and electrically test each LED board to make sure they are performing properly. Once everything looks good, we begin the assembly process. Up to this point, we have spent about an hour working on your fixture.
Once the LED board is assembled, the rest of the building process is done by hand. We start by mounting the LED circuit boards into the aluminum fixture case. We’ll wire the system, check and secure the connections and align our highly reflective optical system. We then install your selected lens onto the fixture and seal it to protect the fixture from water damage. End caps are added and the fixture is then ready to bench test.
First, each fixture (and the power supply that will ship with it) is plugged in and tested for at least 4 hours -- we call this the “burn-in” process. If there is a bad LED it will fail within a few minutes but we also want to make sure we catch any short circuits or poor connections that we missed in our earlier visual inspection. It is also a final test of the power supply. We use an incredibly cool hand-held laser scanner that quickly reads temperature with tremendous precision. We run the laser along the fixture looking for warm or cool areas -- a sign that something is not right. If we find an area with a temperature variation greater than +/- 4 degrees F, we assume there is a problem and the fixture is scrapped.
If you ordered one, we will also attach your dimmer to your fixture and test it. This not only tells us that the dimmer works correctly but is yet another test the LEDs must pass. If an LED doesn’t dim correctly the fixture is scrapped.
If you did not order a dimmer, we still test the fixture because you may attach a dimmer in the future and we want to make sure the LEDs dim properly: if they don’t dim, there is something wrong with the LEDs or the Power Supply.
While all of these steps take time, we very, very seldom find problems and our goal is to make sure each fixture is 100% trouble free and ready to go to work.
As you can see, we don’t just take a mass-produced fixture off a shelf and send it out -- we truly build each one to order and this takes time. I’m therefore estimating your order will be built, tested, boxed and ready for shipment by late January 24th or early January 27th and I will update you when it ships or if there is going to be a delay.
Thank you for ordering from us -- I know you won’t be disappointed! Please let me know if you have any further questions!
Best regards,
Cara"

mail

Wow beautiful LED! Now that's the new benchmark in the way freshwater LED plant lights should be... nice and "full spectrum!"

Ian your pictures are showing up on our end just fine. And mine are all still doing the same thing. I just checked and for all of your info. The 30" high light, non XB which is ultra high light, is $194 for any of the spectrums they offer. Since one of these might do the job of two of the satellites or Fugeray's, they may not be that much more expensive. Brian_Nano12g, could you research that for us with the info you have? OS.

Just messed with the camera settings....

Attachments

• DSCF9705.jpg
    DSCF9705.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF9708.jpg
    DSCF9708.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF9709.jpg
    DSCF9709.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 121
Ian your pictures are showing up on our end just fine. And mine are all still doing the same thing. I just checked and for all of your info. The 30" high light, non XB which is ultra high light, is $194 for any of the spectrums they offer. Since one of these might do the job of two of the satellites or Fugeray's, they may not be that much more expensive. Brian_Nano12g, could you research that for us with the info you have? OS.
I think I fixed the image rotate issue. You need to save the pictures to your computer first and then post them. Posting them directly off the memory card causes this issue.....

A little video of the light. I don't want to keep going on about this light and boring everyone but some people have PM'd me to ask about it, so here's a short video. Again the camera keeps adjusting to the brightness but you should get the idea. Anyone thinking of getting one, GET ONE!!!
BML - YouTube

I pull mine from my pictures folder on my HD and they still do it. OS.
I started a thread in the Watering Hole about it and guess what, the pictures I posted came out fine on my end!!. I figured it was because I saved them to my HD from the SD card and then posted. Maybe not. Hopefully some tech savvy members can give us a fix....

The more I see that light, especially the video, makes me want one even more! I....must.....resist!

The other hardware;
Tank; Picking up on Friday, hopefully!!Aquaworld Aquariums :: HUGO SIMPLICITY 36"X15"X12" AQUARIUM
Filter; Fluval C4(currently being shipped)
Heater; Aquael NeoHeater 150w or 200w(thoughts)-considering buying
Substrate; Eco Complete Fine x 3 bags(purchasing tomorrow from England)
Skimmer; Eheim Skim 350(purchasing in the next few days, not essential) as recommended by Brian_Nano12g.....

Brian_Nano12g, if all this hasn't tipped you over the edge yet, check this out. I know you love the tech side of things. This one is just for you.....

Attachments

• PS1290S201AASAOARMTAPASAA.jpg
    PS1290S201AASAOARMTAPASAA.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 103
Go on mate, pull the trigger. You know you want to...lol. There's worse things you could spend the cash on!!

Tisk Tisk Tisk... such bad influence! Haha... :nono:

BTW, did you get the tank already or is that coming later too? Let's see a picture of the "blank canvas." :brows:

Back
Top Bottom