Ibrahim's 150g FOWLR Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
scottayy said:
Quickcure has copper in it? I thought it had no copper and the active ingredients were malachite green and formalin.

It doesn't? Wow I've got like 3 bottles left from my old FW tank.

I would double check.
The active ingredients say malachite green and formalin. I bet if copper were in it it would be an active ingredient, lol.
Is FW and SW quickcure the same?

scottayy said:
I would double check.
The active ingredients say malachite green and formalin. I bet if copper were in it it would be an active ingredient, lol.
Is FW and SW quickcure the same?

Yep they are the same. I've had awesome experience with quickcure and have seen ich disappear within a couple days. I hope it's safe to use cuz then it'll be a great relief.

I remember calling the number on the bottle and asking if it was safe to use in my tank. They said not to use with corals, invertebrates, or live rock.

IMO, any treatment should be done in a QT.

Or, are your concerns the fishes sensitivity to copper?

Best to call and ask.

scottayy said:
I remember calling the number on the bottle and asking if it was safe to use in my tank. They said not to use with corals, invertebrates, or live rock.

IMO, any treatment should be done in a QT.

Or, are your concerns the fishes sensitivity to copper?

Best to call and ask.

From the things you can't use with it I would think it has copper. Odd. I wider what the other ingredients have side effects with? I would definitely call

Wow one bottle that cure fw and sw ick even though they are two completely different things!! Sorry I don't see how you can believe that .

Hondatek said:
Wow one bottle that cure fw and sw ick even though they are two completely different things!! Sorry I don't see how you can believe that .

I never tried it on SW but since I have some I don't see why not unless it has side effects, but yeah I'll call first

O' oh, I just saw something unreal. My Humu trigger just attacked my lionfish and literally ripped off a dorsal spine about 4" long then ATE it. The hell?? He's also ripped apart his tail so the triggers gonna go ASAP!!

Ibrahim said:
O' oh, I just saw something unreal. My Humu trigger just attacked my lionfish and literally ripped off a dorsal spine about 4" long then ATE it. The hell?? He's also ripped apart his tail so the triggers gonna go ASAP!!

Wow. That almost sounds like my sisters experience with her last lionfish. She had the lion and two eels in a tank. The eels paired up and ripped the lion to shreds!

Jlsardina said:
Wow. That almost sounds like my sisters experience with her last lionfish. She had the lion and two eels in a tank. The eels paired up and ripped the lion to shreds!

That sucks. It's just that the lion is like 13"-15" and the trigger is 5"

Ibrahim said:
That sucks. It's just that the lion is like 13"-15" and the trigger is 5"

Yeah. If he's that bad now- there's no hope for when he's bigger. He's gotta go! In the words of Trump- "you're fired!"

I've read that it is pretty common for the more aggressive triggers to chew of a lion's dorsal spines and then kill it. Had to take my Niger back today. It was the first fish I got after the cycle. Was jut getting really nasty. LFS is trying to get me a Blue Throat.

Sorry man. From what the ick?

Yeah, and his body started to loose color. But all this happened after the Humu trigger first attacked him months ago. I hate that dang trigger so much but no LFS has space for him since he's so big.

Ibrahim said:
Yeah, and his body started to loose color. But all this happened after the Humu trigger first attacked him months ago. I hate that dang trigger so much but no LFS has space for him since he's so big.

Advertise him on Craigslist! Would probably make more than a trade in at a LFS anyways. Or try some business that have large tanks.

scottayy said:
Sorry to hear that man. Have you started any kind of treatment?

Not yet but since the no one looks sick I don't think it's needed. Only thing now is to get the lion fish to eat and the trigger out of the tank. Next order LEDs so there is less algae. Then maybe in a couple weeks I'll order new fish like a puffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom