Icecap Ballest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seaham358

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone ever have one go bad??? I think my 660 has crapped out . :cry:
Something blew the breaker yesterday while we were at work and I was not 100% sure what it was. This morning it blew again.. This time the wife says she heard a POP, POP then the tank went dead.
It seems that when the lights went to come on that is when it happended. So I just took the bulbs out and clean them up good and when I plugged the ballest in nothing.... I unplugged and plugged in again and it POPed, so I unplugged quick before the breaker went. Any ideas out there???
Looks like I maybe ballest shopping tomorrow $$$$$ :censor:

IceCaps do sometimes go bad.. BUT IceCap fixes them for cheap.. like 20-25 bucks.. Contact them and try to get it fixed.. MUCH cheaper then a replacement for it.

I have heard nothing but good things about IceCaps customer service. Try them first as Greenmaji said. In the mean time I feel for you, been there :roll: .

When I said they fix them.. I ment that even if there past there warntee peroid.. Im sure if its still under warntee that they would just replace it for you..

Ya, They are great and fixed it the day they got it. I got it back already and will be hooking it back up soon... My friend let me use his extra one so I got lights..
Its $65 for the repairs and shipping costs... Alot cheaper then a new unit.

thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom