ich and cold water fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
My mom has a tank and it has white sand. Well about 2 days ago 1 of her platies which is still a juvie got sucked on the filter. Now she wanted to test a new filter so we put it on the front of the tank and the new stronger current pushed the fish on the intake. Its back fin is in a arrow shape now and he dosent look to good. Well now i see white dots on it (so i am thinking GREAT ICH) but her tank has fine white sand and we sturred it up today and i cant tell if it is ich or sand. I noticed the female guppy she has has got white on it too but it is very little and i think that since i noticed it on the fry i might be looking too far into it. Now the tank does not have a good enough filter as we got it from a friend for free and we havent replaced the filter yet.

So my question is how do i tell if it is ich or sand? And there is a dojo loach in the tank (coldwater fish) and how should i go about curing it if it is as the dojo loach is a coldwater fish? Can the dojo loach stand the 80-82 degrees in the water? Or am i depending completely in meds here?

BUMP PEOPLE. I know its ich now. So i need the questions above awnsered. I have Seachems kanaplex and Furan-2 at my disposal. What now?

Can you move the loach to another tank temporarily? The loach is scaleless and is sensitive to most ich medications anyways.

No, as the only tanks available right now which i hope to eventually change is a 5g and my 75g and i am not putting hiim in there with ich in this tank. I am gonna do the Heat and salt method. I got some good info on how to go about it from some reliable people on another forum. Any advice given will be appreciated though.

I generally use the heat/salt method but I've also used Kordon's Ick Attack which is all natural , non staining , and most importantly does not effect the bacteria in filters.

Back
Top Bottom