Ich and high temp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the process of treating my 10 gal tank for Ich. I have the tank temp up to 85-86. The thing I have noticed is the fish are now very nippy. They are chasing each other around. Some are even flaring their fins at each other. I'm assuming this is normal because in the past when I've had to treat for Ich I get the same outcome. When the temps come down after treatment I have peaceful fish again. Anyone else's fish act this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What fish are in the tank? This sounds like 1-2 problems:

1. Incompatible fish causing aggression which leads to stress then ich

2. An u cycled tank leading to stress then ich.

Caleb

I would not go so far as to say its normal. BUt i have seen fish nip a sick fish, its their natural way of staying healthy by destroying the weak sickly fish. That is quite common.

Curious on which fish they are out of interest? Can't say I've ever struck that but different fish/setup maybe.

My tank has been up and running for over a year. It was housed to a colony of pencil fish. I put them in my 75. Then I put the betta in the 10 gal by himself. Few weeks later I put the betta back in his 5 gal and got 2 peacock grugeons and thread fin rainbows. I think I bought the ich home. I put 2 tetras in before I knew they had ich to get them more social. That part worked now I have ich. It's the red eye tetras that seem figgity. Someone told me that it might be a mating dance going on.

Yes I know that the rainbows like a bigger school. I will get them when I get some more money. They are 10.00 each and the have to be sold in prs. Also the peacock grugeons were 10.00 each also. So in time I will get more and I will remove the red eye tetras when the ich is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom