Ich emergency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confusedfishmom

Aquarium Advice Freak
20 gallon. New ballon molly infected with Ich. Tetras, ADF, oto in tank

5 gallon healthy betta tank.

I'd like to move Betta to plastic pitcher temporarily to get the molly into the 5 gallon. Perhaps reduce the chance if killing my whole tank. Can the betta live in this temporarily?

With daily water changes, yes.

But on the subject of ich, your 20 gallon is infected, not just the Molly. I'd say if the Molly isn't being harassed then to treat the whole tank with heat. This will greatly reduce the chance of a recurring problem. Don't know about ADF and their tolerance to high temps, zero experience there.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm treating the 5 gallon with heat and salt (since I have no meds) and daily water changes. I'm treating my 20 gal with heat and daily water changes. I'm really worried about the molly in the 5 gal. The temp change was pretty drastic. Not sure she will handle. Feel awful about it but had to get her out of the tank just in case I could keep this from majorly spreading. Ugh what a bummer! I ended up putting my betta in my angel tank with a divider. Praying the divider holds b/c they are really checking each other out and not in a good way. :)

I'm going to have to get the ADF out. Ugh this is what happens when kids pick out fish. I'm wondering if the ADF can live in a plastic pitcher for 2 weeks now?

Back
Top Bottom