Ich has re-emerged in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jherr

Aquarium Advice Regular
3 Months ago, I lost my 4 angelfish when I introduced a new fish that apparently was carrying the ICH parasite. I was not able to treat them in time, and lost all 5 fish. I cleaned out the tank, gravel, decorations, etc... and began recycling the tank again. Last week, I purchased 5 Blackskirt tetras, and 2 clown loaches. I am starting to see Ich on some of the tetras, and one of the loaches already died :( Im hoping somehow the ich did not survive the cleaning, and that it came with some of the new fish.

Im really not sure what to do, but I would hate to lose all my fish again to this damn parasite. Any suggestions?

edit: Sorry guys, I didnt see the sticky ICH thread, it hasnt been a good day :(

Quick-cure is your best option. But, I dought that ich is whats killing your fish ich has to be pretty damn bad to kill fish.

Lets start by asking what your parms are

nitrates?
PH?
ammonia?
KH?
GH?
temp?
Do you QT you fish or just drop them in your main tank?

Quick-cure is your best option

i used this with my first ich outbreak, yes it killed the ich, but it also stianed my aquarium sealer blue and killed half of my fish. I would not suggest using any meds for ich, from my experience.

I just got some new fish and am battling ich for the second time. I am using the heat and salt treatement, my temp is at about 84-86 degrees right now and i put epsom salt in, but i found out that won't work, im going to get some aquarium salt tomorrow.

QTing new arrivals is a wonderful way to prevent ich in the main tank. However, once ich is present, the heat and salt method has never failed for me.

Back
Top Bottom