Ich problem in my nursery tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HyperionLore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a few mollies expecting them to have babies so that I could use the babies to help populate some of my other tanks. What I didn't count on, (even though I should've) was the pet store fish ending up with Ich on them. While it's kind of hard to tell, I have my suspicions that the baby fish I've taken from the main tank to my nursery tank have Ich as well. Right now the babies are about the same size as a grain of rice, some are a tad bigger, but I've noticed what looks like tiny little spots on some of the babies and I'm afraid it's Ich. Considering most Ich medications say not to use on scaleless or small fish, and the only ones I've found supposedly safe for babies are online, can I treat them with heat only if I decide they've actually got Ich? If I can, what do I have to get the temperature up to and will it hurt my plants if I raise the temperature?

Yes you can treat them with heat only. Turn the heat up slowly to over 86F and add aeration. The plants will be fine with the added heat. Keep the heat up for 2 weeks AFTER the last spot of ich is gone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom