ich question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
this question might sound really dumb:

if i got my temp at 86F and im using rid ich plus by kordon how long will ich last????

also is it true that when u are treating ich with high temp it gets worst before it gets cured????????

abrahamavelar said:
this question might sound really dumb:

if i got my temp at 86F and im using rid ich plus by kordon how long will ich last????

also is it true that when u are treating ich with high temp it gets worst before it gets cured????????

I don't know about the med but treatment is usually 2 weeks. And yes it does usually get worse for a few days before improvement.

abrahamavelar said:
oh ok i was worried cuz my temp its at 86 and only 2 fish had it and now 6 or 7 have it that i can see

The high temp speeds up their life cycle/reproduction so in the first bit of treatment they are having babies like there's no tomorrow! (because there isn't lol). Then the temp stops their reproduction and or kills them depending on how high it gets.

abrahamavelar said:
That happened to my reef I lost all my fish n from there it all went downsouth

I'm sorry to hear that must have sucked! I lost 5 rainbows and some guppies the first time I got it in my tank. And I thought that was bad.

Back
Top Bottom