Ich, then bacterial infections and now what?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have learned the hard way about having a quarantine tank. :(
Last Saturday I bought 2 Otos to introduce to my tank that has been established for well over a year (I obtained it in May this year and it was up and running well before that.) 2 days after I added the fish (just a bag accumulation and then netted the fish into my tank) I noticed that 2 of my fish had Ich. :( So I turned up the temp to about 82 degrees and added some Ich treatment meds. Things looked fine until about 2 days later and 2 fish were dead. Kept treating the Ich according to what was on the bottle of Ich treatment and they kept dropping like flies! Then 2 days ago I noticed on one of my Danios a big red cyst or something near one of his fins and he was running into the glass and staying near the top of the water. Next morning. dead along with 3 other fish. I noticed that my Serpea Tetra and my Glow Light Tetra looked like they had the beginning stages of fin rot so I started treatment with some T.C. Tetracycline. I added the first dose on Saturday evening and I had one more loss this morning (glowlight Tetra. I have been doing partial water changes every other day. This morning my water looked like brown swamp water with foamy bubbles. My Serpae tetra looks like he is the only one right now that could still be sick with something. He has a cloudy eye and his fins are a little ragged.
I have only 4 white skirt tetras, 2 zebra danios, 2 albino corys left. I have done a large water change and have taken out all of the decorations and am going to clean them with hot water. I just don't know what else to do at this point to save the remaining fish.
When I tested the water, my Ammonia was at 0, Nitrites, 0 and Nitrates at 10. Temp at 82. I run an Aquaclear 50 (tank is 29 gal) use pool filter sand, and have an air wall on the back. No live plants.

Any help would be appreciated.

i use paraguard made by seachem. even after i qt fish then add them i put some in the tank just incase. its plant and filter safe also

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom