Ich Treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was doing some water changes, 2 a week.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

I am not a fan of water changes during the treatment. Just an unnecessary variable to introduce, IMO.

The odds are OVERWHELMINGLY in your favor that you will not encounter such a problem again. You will know in 4-5 days whether the heat treatment is working or not. From there you can go nuclear if you want, but I would certainly not administer such a harsh treatment unless it were needed.

I would recommend no water changes when treating Ich unless you absolutely had to because of some other parameters being dangerously out of whack.

If you do have to do water changes make sure the water is at least as hot as the water in the tank.

I would recommend no water changes when treating Ich unless you absolutely had to because of some other parameters being dangerously out of whack.

If you do have to do water changes make sure the water is at least as hot as the water in the tank.

Would say 30 nitrates call for a pwc? Was about 20 nitrates 2 days ago

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would say 30 nitrates call for a pwc? Was about 20 nitrates 2 days ago
Unless you have extremely nitrate sensitive fish I would let it ride during an Ich treatment.

Also, if you are truly increasing nitrates by 10ppm every 2 days you are going to have do an amazing amount water changes. I suspect you are dealing with accuracy issues with nitrate testing. For reference a well stocked tank will generate about 10ppm per week.

I was doing some water changes, 2 a week.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

Thanks for the post back. There's always something new out there.

I've never really done water changes while using heat treatment. That's more me being slack and not seeing the need for it. Same with a micron filter - just never worried about it.

Did the tank temp slip much after a water change? If it didn't, this suggests to me the heat resistant strain. To be honest I'd try talking with others in area on ich treatment and if using heat, see if any problems. Yours would be maybe the third post I've seen over several years on this possibility so the impression I get is it is rare but have little to back that up.

Heat is the same, thank goodness however I just fed my third dose of garlic and my male ram has improved. It had been 8 hours since meds were dosed

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Back
Top Bottom