ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my question. I have read articles on this site and others that say using a QT tank for newly purchased fish is best before introducing your fish into the display tank. Do you use any medications while the fish is in QT?

Some articles hint to using meds, others say just watch for signs of illness. What is the best method?

okay and what if i just leave them in the main ytank???? i only feed my fish plenkton and flakes should i put a lil clip in the tank with a piece of seweed on it?

I would say the best bet is not to medicate an otherwise healthy fish. If you see problems arise, then treat, but I would say that treatment to a healthy fish can cause undue stress, on top of the transition.

:hat:

Here is my question. I have read articles on this site and others that say using a QT tank for newly purchased fish is best before introducing your fish into the display tank. Do you use any medications while the fish is in QT?

I'm not a fan of prophylactic medication, it can bve stressful on the fish and cause more damage than not.

okay and what if i just leave them in the main ytank???? i only feed my fish plenkton and flakes should i put a lil clip in the tank with a piece of seweed on it?

What if you leave what in the main tank? As for feeding, if you have grazers, then yes you can put a seaweed clip in the tank.

Did you read the articles I posted?

shoudl i do a freshwater dip

Do you think you need to do one? Is your fish showing any signs of disease or parasitic infection? If not, then no you don't need to do a FW dip.

Does the fish surely have Ich? If not then surely don't dip him. More stress he doesn't need. If it does have Ich, try either the copper medications, or for a lower stress level, the guys around here usually suggest hyposalinity. I know there is an article somewhere on that...................

:hat:

no just chilling once in a wghile like 3 times a hour rubs him self on rock or sand

well what should i do i dotn have a qt tank and am veyr confused here

There is an article on this site, link on the front page that describes in great detail how to set up a QT tank. I suggest reading it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom