ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm4pm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello is there eny advice on what i should do now . ii have had a outbreak off white spot and lost two fish . i have netted my two remaining fish gave them a fresh water bath and placed them in a hospital tank,and started treating with a copper based treatment i got from my lsf . is there eny thing else i can do as my lfs didnt seem to now a lot . i have read that i should lower my gravity in the hospital tank . is this a good idear and how should i do it?

Now that you've started cooper, do not lower the gravity. Also, if your treating with copper, you will need a copper test kit to make sure to keep the dosage correct for the duration of the treatment or else it will not work.

You will also need some freshly mixed SW for water changes while they are in the hospital tank because unless you cycled the hospital tank before hand, your ammonia levels will go up very quickly and you'll need to keep them down via water changes. When doing the water change, you will be removing some of the copper medication, so you will have to figure out exactly how much to put back in.

The reduction of salinity is used in a different method of treatment called hyposalinity. I would recommend reading up on that as it is much easier and cheaper then doing a copper based treatment for future reference.

ok thanks for the advice . on the cycled point you made i have used some off the floss from my main tank fillter .and used it in a internal fillter/pump so hopfully i should not get to many problems there .

Back
Top Bottom