Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greatsoccerman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so my fish nowhave I h. I raised the temp to about 86 and have put some salt in there. Dont know how much tho. Is it true you can prevent ich if you have a little salt in your tank before an out break?

Don't raise your temp to 86 all at once or you will stress the fish. I slowly bumped mine up 1-2 degrees at a time every 12 hours. What fish are in the tank?

I hope your fish gets better. I lost one discus during treatment when I had an ich outbreak :(

Some fish reacts better to the treatment than the others. Just watch your fish's behavior during treatment. If they are acting weird, do a PWC to lower the salt in the tank.

I hope your fish gets better. I lost one discus when I had an ich outbreak. Watch your fish's behavior during treatment. If they are acting weird it maybe a reaction to the salt, do a PWC to lower the salt in the water.

Well now I have lost 3 pictus. Last one seems like he is going down. I've heard there is a low survival rate for pictus cats. True? And what about peacock eels?

I read that peacock eels will tolerate low amount of salt in the water and so does pictus cats. Do a 50% PWC to lower the salt concentration in half and keep it that way for 5-10 days.

Back
Top Bottom