ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydesilva

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys and girls :)

whats the fastest way to get rid of ich

help fast ive already lost a fish to it and one looks really sick and im assuming all my other fish have it aswel

My coral beauty has ich and im half way done the herbtana micro lift treatment. The product seems to have very limited effects and to be honest I probably wouldn't use it again. Although I do know people who have had instant success with herbtana and ich-kick so i guess it varies on a case by case basis. A QT tank is definitely the best way to go though with a copper treatment.

How much aq salt such I use on a 70 gallon or 300L

I used 1 tsp per gallon but I believe some people use more per gallon & turned the heat up to 86F, slowly over a 24 hr period. Make sure you do at least every other day water changes with a really good vacuuming, this removes them when they release from the fish. Keep the heat up for at least a week after you see the last spot. There are a few others battling Ich right now so you might want to check out some of the other threads for additional info./advice.

Back
Top Bottom