Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
I might have ich not sure.. Does anybody have any pics with their fish with ich? On one of my fish i can see white spots, but he is not flashing. It almost looks like his skin is comming off. But the other fish are flashing a little but no spots or anything. If I do have ich I plan on treating it with hypo. TIA

Can I treat just the fish that has the spots or would I have to treat all the fish?

Can I treat just the fish that has the spots or would I have to treat all the fish?
If its ich you would need to treat all the fish in a separate qt tank and leave the main fishless for at least 6 weeks.

On one of my fish i can see white spots, but he is not flashing. It almost looks like his skin is comming off.
May be ich, but with the skin coming off it sound more like brooklynella or possible velvet.
What kind of fish is it and how long have you had him? Any other symptoms? Is he eating?
*moved to the sick fish forum*

Its a lemonpeel angel. Yes he is eating. I did take another look at it and I do think it is ich.. I just bought a 20 gallon tank for the qt. Im thinking im going to treat it with hypo

I just bought a 20 gallon tank for the qt. Im thinking im going to treat it with hypo
Gotta treat them all or he will just catch it again when you return him to the main. For your crew I would consider a trade for a 30 gallon. Would make life easier on you with water quality.
Also with the Lion I would consider a hypo treatment.
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/hyposalinity.html

Back
Top Bottom