Ick in my FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccerdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
I seem to have a small case of ick in my 46g fowlr set up. I have used copper safe before in fresh water but I was weary about using it in marine.

( in the tank there is a grunt, a small French angel, a small rock beauty and one Rock flower anemone)

I seem to have a small case of ick in my 46g fowlr set up. I have used copper safe before in fresh water but I was weary about using it in marine.

( in the tank there is a grunt, a small French angel, a small rock beauty and one Rock flower anemone)

Well, I wouldn't dose the copper with an anemone in there. I think your best bet would be to either remove the anemone, or the fish, and then treat.

Is it Coppersafe by Sentry AQ? If so, that is what I am currently using to treat some of my SW fish for ich.

Good luck! :)

Copper will screw up a dt. It will leech into lr and stay there. Which means no inverts, coral, and maybe bacteria too. When copper is used in qt, water changes arw frequent so unsure about bacteria.

I want to say that quarantine is the only way. But there might be others. I've had luck on my side not to get ich yet. Don't want to give you false info. Sorry

Doing a freshwater dip with the fish would be the safest way to cure ich if you have coral in the tank. If you add copper to your tank your going to risk loosing corals. If I have a fish with ich, I simply just get a bucket of RO/distilled, make sure the temp and ph match the tank(VERY important), put the sick fish in and let sit for 30 mins. Be sure you watch the fish closely) tangs always seem to play dead but they are not harmed in any way. A gentle touch will prove it. This might seem cruel but it doesn't hurt your fish and the cure takes care of all kinds of problems. That usually does the trick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom