ICK Meds not working HELP ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelseytingler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a betta and a pleco contract ICK. Been treating for a week every other day with Super ICK Cure. Doing 50% water changes and adding salt. Temp is at 88. More and more ICK spots are appearing on betta, pleco has died, betta hasn't eaten in a week... what else can I do?

Keep in mind the life cycle should take 10 days for ich to die off.

Also i'm not sure? Sounds as though everything you're doing is great!
But in my opinion i would just add salt and keep the temp up for 10 days. It worked for me!

Good luck and are you sure it's ich?

Tom ;)

I had a betta and a pleco contract ICK. Been treating for a week every other day with Super ICK Cure. Doing 50% water changes and adding salt. Temp is at 88. More and more ICK spots are appearing on betta, pleco has died, betta hasn't eaten in a week... what else can I do?

Did you remove the carbon from your filter ? The raising of temp is to speed up the life cycle of the little boogers but as long as there's a host it could take longer. Heat, meds, WC's, and patience.

Edit- No carbon as it will remove the meds without helping your fish.

You need to gravel vacuum every day and remove as many of the tomites as possible

That with the water changes and heat are your best bet

Back
Top Bottom