ick on plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjrom1022

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 20gal planted tank with ick right now. i've been treating it for about a week. i'm setting up another planted tank (10gal) and i want to add some plants from my 20 gal into the 10 gal. will the plants transfer the ick? i most likely will wait to transfer them for another 2 weeks but i am curious to see if they do in fact, transfer the ick. i hope this makes sense.

The plants don't but any water in there can (had plants from a shop and swear that's where it came from). You can run the tank with no fish for a week or two and with no host, the ick will die off.

When the adult ichs leave the host [they fall off] they can settle on ANYTHING ...Often it is substrate but not always.
Once the little ich hatches into 200-1,000 new ichs they have 2-3 days to find a new host[has to be a fish] or they will die.
So if you move plants to new tank keep it fish free for a week or so and you should be all good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom