ID for my sister...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millipede

Aquarium Advice Addict
My sister found something in their tank today that they're certain wasn't in there before so she was wondering what it is. She said they're silver, round like a marble or something, and they're hard. There's two in the picture near each other but there's at least one other one in the tank. I tried to touch the photo up a little, it's a bit blury. She has a decent camera just hasn't bothered to learn any of the features yet.

anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated I'm sure.

Attachments

• 100_0246.jpg
    100_0246.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 78
it looks to me like it is valonia sp, or bubble algae. They spread rapidly and you want to make sure that if you try removing them, you do so slowly and carefully as to not burst the bubble (no pun intended). The bursting will spread it everywhere. Emerald crabs have been known to eat this.They are really more green than silver tho...unless I am not right on the ID

I agree it's valonia. When removing, do it outside the tank with a bucket of saltwater handy for rinsing the rock just in case it bursts. To remove them, gently twist them off. They should pop off without to much fuss.

Back
Top Bottom