Id & fry "help"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stumpyjr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Found one of my Mbuna's holding this morning. Not sure of her official species name. Could someone help me out, please? I will try and get some good pics but she is very evasive right now. She will be isolated in a 30 gallon...her original home. Her tank mates are being moved to a new 55 as I right. Also.....how long till we see some "wigglers" in her tank?

P.S. Sorry about the pic quality!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 60
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
That's a kenyi. You should see wigglers in about a week or maybe a little longer. Unless you know she mated with a male kenyi I wouldn't bother isolating her. Just let nature take its course. The hybrids are worthless as far as trade in or being able to sell. I leave mine alone and usually end up with 1 or two survivors. The rest become food. IMO It's not worth the time and effort if they are hybrids.

kenyi for sure ..... i have a male ..in with my peacocks......he is such a bully ... when i first got him i thought it was a female and i had no clue what type it was ..now he is turning yellow.. and he bullys all his tankmates.....

bobofishman said:
kenyi for sure ..... i have a male ..in with my peacocks......he is such a bully ... when i first got him i thought it was a female and i had no clue what type it was ..now he is turning yellow.. and he bullys all his tankmates.....

Yea kenyi are one of the more aggressive mbuna species.

That's a kenyi. You should see wigglers in about a week or maybe a little longer. Unless you know she mated with a male kenyi I wouldn't bother isolating her. Just let nature take its course. The hybrids are worthless as far as trade in or being able to sell. I leave mine alone and usually end up with 1 or two survivors. The rest become food. IMO It's not worth the time and effort if they are hybrids.

Thanks for the help. Kinda curious who the "Dad" is.......so....was moving mates to 55 anyway. She will be alone! Thought she was going to head butt everyone into KO phase.....what a "B%$# ! Thanks again. I'll send some pics of the "kids" later. LOL !

Back
Top Bottom