ID glofish gender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harris55g

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do you tell the difference in a male & female glofish. Is it the same as guppies. Idk the glofish will have eggs but guppies will have fry.

How do you tell the difference in a male & female glofish. Is it the same as guppies. Idk the glofish will have eggs but guppies will have fry.

Glofish are egg layers, but it is illegal to breed and sell them because of a patent.

I was just wondering bc my 2 act like they are "hooking up" i didn't know if store only sold 1 gender nationwide or depends on store. Both of glofish came different stores.

I was just wondering bc my 2 act like they are "hooking up" i didn't know if store only sold 1 gender nationwide or depends on store. Both of glofish came different stores.

I'm assuming you are talking about the original glofish danios as I say this. The female will be plumper and a tad bigger while the male is slim.

Mine won't hold still for a pic so I looked up what ones they are. (Pic) but if its not allowed to breed them what do I do if she is prego. I don't plan on sellin them.

Attachments

• image-1247197650.jpg
    image-1247197650.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3,930
Back
Top Bottom