ID Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

therealnickster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

I need help identifying my goldfish. The goldfish came with the tank my father found, so I don't know much about him/her. He/she looks to be about 5 inches at the moment and I am worried that my tank is to small for him/her. I know some goldfish can get really big. Any ideas on what I can do?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442503423.899674.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442503467.587928.jpg

Yeah, that's a comet goldfish. They can get bigger than 16 inches, and they're pretty active so they need either a huuuge tank or a pond.

Well looking at the tail again it's a common goldfish, but they are the same, comets just have bigger tails.

How would I go about rehoming the goldfish? I don't know anyone who has aquariums.

Ask your local LFS's if can take him if don't have ability to get a larger tank. Can also ask around at your local garden stores sometimes their customers have outdoor ponds.

Last ditch idea would be getting a 50gallon Rubbermaid container or the like putting a HOB filter on it and just get some decor to hide behind, while finding a home. To speed up the process of cycling run the old filter in the container along with the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Craigslist is another rehoming option. In my area people list tons of fish under the pets section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom