id help on 4 items please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themartins

Aquarium Advice Freak
1.) hollow tube, twig like things attatched to LR

2.) white spots on LR

3.) white roots growing from LR

4.) green algae - it's on several rocks and covering some of our purple coraline

Sorry, the picture with the white spots didn't upload. The three items that we'd like identified are circled in yellow. Thank you for helping.

The hollow tubes are just small worms like featherdusters ,harmless, the "roots" are a sponge I believe,also harmless, and the spots I can't see but my guess is spiraloid worms (mini featherdusters)

We did some research and the white roots look like something in google images called digitate hydroids. Are these ok? The white spots (not pictured) look like possibly snail eggs or coraline algae spores. The twig like things attatched to the rocks don't appear to be featherdusters, but probably another type of tube worm......? We're still unsure about the green algae. One rock is completely covered by it. It's very dull almost army green looking in color, and very difficult to scrape off.

We believe the twig-like things are possibly vermatid snails. We've seen small webs coming from the open ends on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom