id I am already cycling is it too late...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dbouchard

Aquarium Advice Regular
to consider plants in the aquarium....ive seen pictures here that are stunning...

much more so then the plastic plants currently in my tank.

what would I need to do to plant plants in my tank, I have gravel in there at the moment, and im a week into my cycle with fish in so im doing daily pwc, testing etc.

I have a green thumb in my outdoor garden...is it complicated to start with aquatic plants?

what equipment is recommend, or suggested? and what plants are good newbie plants

Dee

Never too late to add plants you can add whenever you want! Honestly what I do is just stick the roots in the gravel that's it. Never had a plant die from that. I know other people do extra but for most beginner plants it's unnecessary. If you get those plants at petco they are super hardy I've had mine months no problem. They probably don't grow as fast as if I adde carbon or whatever else to help but they still live and look great

I agree- its never too late to add plants! They can be added anytime you want & may actually help your cycle along in addition to helping to keep your tank healthy. Most plants can grow in gravel- maybe not quite as well with a plant substrate but I have never had an issue with gravel & plants. For just starting, i would opt for low-tech plants, easy to grow plants. Be a bit careful with some of the plants from the chain stores because they do sell alot of plants that are not truly aquatic. Heres a list for some ideas:

Excellent List of Low Light Plants

Back
Top Bottom