Id my cichlid??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscarchic11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know this is an easy one, but im a SA cichlid girl (angels and an Oscar) and he is in my sis in laws 55 with her 6ish inch oscar... they get along great.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130208_215312.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130208_215312.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20130208_215324.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130208_215324.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 94
  • ForumRunner_20130208_215334.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130208_215334.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 92
I know this is an easy one, but im a SA cichlid girl (angels and an Oscar) and he is in my sis in laws 55 with her 6ish inch oscar... they get along great.

Crabro also called bumblebee cichlid. Not exactly supposed to be compatible w an Oscar personality or water wise but they both look well so forget it! Oscars get too big for that tank and make a mess of it eventually. Change the water often!

Actually looking again could be a kenyi. That's even worse so I hear. They're bad dudes usually.

kenyi looks about right... he was the bully of his previous tank, and actually beat up the Oscar the other day... got his tail a bit. but they get along fine now, and as for the tank size, i know the dimens of a 55 arent ideal for an Oscar, but she lives in a trailer and thats all she can fit ATM... and i do her wc's... often. i got her the Oscar after i moved out of her last place, taking my big one with me...

kenyi looks about right... he was the bully of his previous tank, and actually beat up the Oscar the other day... got his tail a bit. but they get along fine now, and as for the tank size, i know the dimens of a 55 arent ideal for an Oscar, but she lives in a trailer and thats all she can fit ATM... and i do her wc's... often. i got her the Oscar after i moved out of her last place, taking my big one with me...

I hear ya. As long a you take care of it and keep it clean it's ok. They're lazy. My dad just had his 12 in her pass after 8 years.

The Oscar may not take the hyper aggressiveness of the kenyi to well. But the kenyi might not take the meanness of the Oscar or the power.

my dusky albino is 10 inches...we are growing hers out 2 breed them, i have a female, and she has a male... but hers has another year or so before he is old enough, and he may not be able 2 hold his own against my girl, she is a MEAN fish, and he is a little sweety... i know this may change, but i hope not...

Back
Top Bottom