ID my crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthefishman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got this little guy about 5 months ago now and he has doubled in size since. He came from a pet store. I tried to find out information on him and the label said 'Red Crayfish' I asked the pet store assistant about what species he was and all they could tell me was that he was a hybrid. :nono: The assistant was a student that needed money and couldn't really care less for the pets at the store and as a consequence obviously took no time to research the stock. after the purchase I lost my curiosity but I logged on the chat and a member asked me and I couldn't tell them, so I am hoping you can help me.

I don't really like to handle my crayfish aha!

2r2sL

2r2uy

Thanks in advance! :thanks:

Looks like a regular ole crawfish to me. He's small but he'll get bigger. Crawfish here can grow to 5 inches or so from nose to tail.

crawfish.jpg

regular ole crawfish

"Regular ole crawfish" is not a species identification. This crawfish does indeed look like Procambarus clarkii though, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

A shot of its underside would be helpful too, but it definitely looks like a clarkii from the areola and claws.

"Regular ole crawfish" is not a species identification. This crawfish does indeed look like Procambarus clarkii though, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

A shot of its underside would be helpful too, but it definitely looks like a clarkii from the areola and claws.

Nice reply of condescension to a less than serious post. Like I don't know that it's not a species identification.

Back
Top Bottom