ID My Fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could be a seaweed blenny and yes, dragonets and blennies are not the same species. I believe herp mommy was correcting the previous comment

Thank you!!!!!

Scooter Dragonet/Scooter Blenny:
Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Actinopterygii Order: Perciformes Suborder: Callionymoidei Family: Callionymidae Genus: Synchiropus Species: S. ocellatus

Molly Miller Blenny:
Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Actinopterygii Order: Perciformes Suborder: Blennioidei Family: Blenniidae Genus: Scartella Species: S. cristata

as you can see, they only share the same ORDER, Perciformes. They have different suborders, families, genuses, and species names. Therefore they are very different fish. Just because the COMMON name share the same word, does not mean they are the same fish.

Scooter Dragonet/Scooter Blenny:
Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Actinopterygii Order: Perciformes Suborder: Callionymoidei Family: Callionymidae Genus: Synchiropus Species: S. ocellatus

Molly Miller Blenny:
Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Actinopterygii Order: Perciformes Suborder: Blennioidei Family: Blenniidae Genus: Scartella Species: S. cristata

as you can see, they only share the same ORDER, Perciformes. They have different suborders, families, genuses, and species names. Therefore they are very different fish. Just because the COMMON name share the same word, does not mean they are the same fish.

Wtfk are you going on about a miller blenny??? Who said anything about that??????

This thread is entertaining. Also, neat fish and I'm glad you got your ID.

It is a linear blenny. I have the exact fish.

No need to get so excited guys, lol, just a forum. :)

Family: The scientific family in regards to the Taxonomy of the individual species. We provide the family, genus, and species when possible, on all aquatic life that we offer. Many species in the same genus and family, not only act in a very similar manner, but also share similar characteristics and requirements. This information is provided to aid in learning about the animal's compatibility, captive requirements and different behaviors the animals may share.

Back
Top Bottom