ID my sweethearts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fready

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive been searching for quite a while but all those zebras just look the same to mee. I think the zebra is a cynotilapia afra red top. There are so many species that im kinda going koko in the head.

And the black spotted one... Some kind of marmelade cat maybe it could be the zebra's wife?

I got the fish with the aquarium and the guy had a list but i think he totally made it up because he didnt know.
According to him the orange one was a aulonocara multicolor
And the zebra a labidochromis hongi red top.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1195/img0430ip.jpg

foto1qhd.jpg

img0429ca.jpg

the zebra i agree i think its a cynotilapia afra red top 'Mara Point', the marmaladey one i just think is an OB metriaclima estherae (OB zebra).

me thinks xx

If you're looking for the one that is your avatar, you might check metriaclima pyrsonotos; aka Red-top Zebras.

Your avatar is a great looking fish.I love those colours.Do you have aggression issues? I've read that the red tops can be extremely aggressive.

Nope not anymore. I only had 1 female and him and the OB where picking on her all the time so i removed her because i aint 100% sure what fish it is otherwise i would have bought more females. That said besides the ob and zebra i have 9 yellows. So there isnt much to be agressive about. But i'm Planning on Buying more fish. Like saulosi. So i might have to get rid of the zebra in time when young saulosi grow up becouse of agression.

Its such a beutiful fish when there is a female around but without competition or females its a rather dark fish.
When he eats he has more color and play's with the OB the rest of the time ist a dark blue zebra.

Back
Top Bottom