ID on Algae Eater/Catfish/Suckerfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They do look like that garra but they are so small... the guy said that they don't get any bigger, and he's usually pretty reliable. Garra flavatra gets to 9cm. It looks just like them though..
I'll let you guys know when the LFS answers my email, they are closed today.

The Goby doesn't have the markings on his dorsal fin like the Garra does.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bichir Bro, I'll have to google Garra, I've never seen them. Thank you for the info. Are the Garra an AE?
I'm still less than a year in the hobby, and still learning a lot, they looked like my BB Goby. :)

Bichir Bro, I'll have to google Garra, I've never seen them. Thank you for the info. Are the Garra an AE?
I'm still less than a year in the hobby, and still learning a lot, they looked like my BB Goby. :)

Yeah they can bare a resemblance! To my knowledge the garra do eat some types of algae? But you'd be better off researching them to make sure.

Bichir Bro my guys have been eating my algae, so if they are garras (which it's looking like) they do eat algae.

Ah ok! Thanks you two, I was wondering about that.

Thanks everyone for your help! They are Panda Garra (Garra flavatra) like you guys said. I went to the LFS and the guy confirmed it. Thanks again!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420401542.116831.jpgcan any ID this loach for me? I think he's a KUlhi how ever u spell it but not 100% sure

View attachment 259934can any ID this loach for me? I think he's a KUlhi how ever u spell it but not 100% sure

It's best to start your own thread for asking this ;)
But to me it can either be a very very young Angelicus or old Dwarf Chain. I'm not too hot with loaches but it ain't a kuhli.

Cheers I normally post on threads with ppl on it already that way I know ppl get a notification lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Cheers I normally post on threads with ppl on it already that way I know ppl get a notification lol

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hijacking other people's threads is not the best route ?
In fact it's against the rules
"Keep all comments on topic of the original post. If you have a question about something, please create a new thread. Posting another question in a thread started by another member is considered 'hijacking' and takes way from the original posting."

Now you know ?

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom