ID On this Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
About 4 weeks ago, I bought some Platys. However, I've noticed one of the platys I bought looks a little different, and behaves different from my other platys. I'm starting to think It might not be a platy, and just some other fish that was in the platy tank at the LFS. My other platys tend to stay at the top of the tank, this fish stays exclusively at the bottom of the tank, constantly foraging and exploring the bottom. Does not even go to the top for feeding, just catches falling food.

These are the best pictures I could get, could anybody Confirm or deny my suspicions?

dsc03723u.jpg

dsc03726ne.jpg

Can't get better pictures til tommorow, right after I posted this my Java moss arrived and i was jittery to start rooting it, then i had to leave. Now that I remember, It might actually be a female Swordtail, because the tank I was picking out platys from had one or two swordtails in it. Could this one possibly be a Platy-Swordtail Hybrid? And will it hybridize with my male platy?

Back
Top Bottom