ID please much thx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No_Name

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We thought was a polyp but now it got bigger it doesn't see like one.

Also quick question please see below picture I have quite some green algae growth do you guys think is a issue or it's really not that bad. The tank is 2 months old.

Looks like an aiptasia to me, and they are bad. Google aiptasia control for more info on getting them out. DONT try to pull it or smoosh or cut as it will multiply quickly! Injecting with Joes Juice is usually the method of choice.

The green looks like coralline algae to me. Does it come off easily? If not, its coralline. (Calcium based algae). Good stuff.

That tang will need to go. They need very large tanks as they like to swim. Keeping it in there will lead you down a long road of trouble. Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news. :-(

Matt

The green stuff doesn't come off easily and some actually turning pinkish red. As for the Tang it really tiny right now less 1", the LSF say I can sell it back for store credit once it get big. Do you think for now he'll be ok? Tank is 36g

The green stuff doesn't come off easily and some actually turning pinkish red. As for the Tang it really tiny right now less 1", the LSF say I can sell it back for store credit once it get big. Do you think for now he'll be ok? Tank is 36g

The good news...The algae is coralline. Good stuff!
The bad news...While it seems logical that a smaller tang will do well in a smaller tank, it isnt so. They may have physical room to move around, but they dont have mental room. They will notice it and not like it. Then comes the ich outbreaks and others...

Youll hear from others soon im sure. They will :slurp:
for keeping the tang in a 36g tank. :)

Id just take him back and get a better fish. Like a tailspot blenny. :) Oh I cant wait for mine to get here...

Matt

ic ty I'll bring it back to my LFS this weekend. It's ashame it seems all the nice colorful good looking fishes all need a 50+ tank. I was looking at that aiptasia this morning and found couple polyp looking thing on another rock, 1 is green look similar to the green button polyp and there 2 tiny one which is transparent. I'll take some pictures of it when I get home from work tonight. Hope you can help out on those two too.

ic ty I'll bring it back to my LFS this weekend. It's ashame it seems all the nice colorful good looking fishes all need a 50+ tank. I was looking at that aiptasia this morning and found couple polyp looking thing on another rock, 1 is green look similar to the green button polyp and there 2 tiny one which is transparent. I'll take some pictures of it when I get home from work tonight. Hope you can help out on those two too.

Glad you are doing the right thing. I could hear the tang police sirens spooling in the distance.

It does suck that almost everything needs a big tank, but we are talking about things that evolved in the ocean, something incomprehensibly large, as compared to FW where most things live in streams, rivers and lakes.

Back
Top Bottom