ID please someone!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparklymoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI, I have been told this is a gold shark, but I can't find much info or pictures to confirm! I love him dearly, he is so quiet and inoffensive! He is about 3-4" long. If someone knows much about them I would be grateful for any info! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-326351699.jpg
    image-326351699.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 97
Looks kind of like a white cloud mountain minnow. But I don't think that's the actual ID.

Someone will know what it is.

I have some of those in with him, but he is almost 4inches long, so a bit big :/

Sparklymoo said:
I have some of those in with him, but he is almost 4inches long, so a bit big :/

Ya, you can tell he isn't one by a few other characteristics too (head and fins).

I have no idea. Look like something in the carp family.

Leptobarbus hoevenii maybe? After some google searching, found a very similar pic of one to your fish under that name

Leptobarbus hoevenii maybe? After some google searching, found a very similar pic of one to your fish under that name

red finned cigar shark is what the link you posted is saying...good find I'm sure the OP will appreciate this..

I sure do and it's not even my fish lol

Thanks guys! There's plenty of similarities from all the different suggestions. Odd member of the shark family he is!! Thankyou!!

I love to play detective lol I happened upon another forum asking about the same fish and they deemed it a red finned cigar shark, also know as a sultan or mad barb. They get HUGE btw, like, 2 feet huge ;)

Sparklymoo said:
Thanks guys! There's plenty of similarities from all the different suggestions. Odd member of the shark family he is!! Thankyou!!

Actually he's a Minnow. Anything they can stick a "Shark" name on they will to sell fish. Giant Will Outgrow Your Tank Minnow doesn't sell fish LOL. I hate Common names.

Back
Top Bottom