Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my opinion even if you don't replace the 2 actinics you will have to run co2. That is a lot of light over a 33 gal tank. Are you sure the fixture fits the tank?

What does co2 do? I really don't want a tank under it.. I understand the basic ideas of it.

from, Adam

I'm probably going to return it..:( it was pretty but I don't think I could handle it. Any other good plants for this light/ setup?

from, Adam

I'm probably going to return it..:( it was pretty but I don't think I could handle it. Any other good plants for this light/ setup?

from, Adam

Return the light? So what light are you using? That will help with plant recommendations.

No the cabomba. I researched it and found that it requires high lighting, gets in the filter, and should be left for the more experienced.

Just to make sure this is actually cabomba, It feels like soft Christmas tree needles.

from, Adam

saltwatertogo said:
Plants breath in CO2 (carbon dioxide) witch enhances plant growth. this happens through photosynthesis.

Fishman

Thanks but I meant the way the system works. (diffuser, tank, etc)

from, Adam

You can also take a look at the 40 breeder journal in my signature. It goes start to finish on setting up and adjusting co2. I don't think it's even mentioned until page 5 or 6 though

I will look at that too. Are they really expensive to buy?

from, Adam

I read the thread and am really not sure what to do. It sounds extremely beneficial but is complicated and is little pricey. I am buying items to start up a saltwater aquarium and this tank will be that tank in October. Is it worth it?

from, Adam

You are Converting to sw in October? I would definitely not buy a co2 system.

I agree with fort. If you're converting the tank to sw in october, you'd be wasting money if you bought a co2 setup. Now if you are planning on keeping a planted tank and a sw tank too, then go ahead.

As far as difficulty, it's really not. It takes a little bit to understand how it works, but I'm 3 weeks in to my planted tank, about 2 weeks with co2, and I completely understand it now.

I think all in all, I have about $150 in my co2 setup. Thats the cylinder, regulator, reactor, and drop checker.

Okay. I don't think I'm going to do co2 then. I really can't afford much right now. I guess that once you got used to it, it would make sense but I don't really have that time. Do you know of any plants that thrive w/o co2 dosing?

from, Adam

I am returning the cabomba for some java moss. Are there any other good plants for baby fish like guppies and mollies.

from, Adam

Turns out I'm not going to return it! It is growing amazing. Within 3 days it grew about 3 inches. It isn't brown any more either.

from, Adam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom