ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i immediately thought lamprologus speciosus. could also be v young/ pale yellow lab, cant see colours v well. can we have better lit pic please?

I took another 20 pics and nothing gets his colors any better. The other day I saw him pull out 7-8 dark stripes and then right back to being perrywinkle blue. Yes I went there.

Same color blue as the cobalt zebra but different shaped head and mouth. He has the black stripes and markings like a male yellow lab. Dorsal anal and pecktoral fins have black lines. I counted 7 stripes today on his side when he puffed up. Those vanished in less than 2 seconds.

The cobalt zebra pics I found were nothing like him. But the second or third image on google shows a fish with his shape and color but some serious black stripes on the side and bumped up fin lines.

Also his tail fin has about a dozen black lines.

Keep trying :)

ID please on the tiny African in the background..thanks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111003_161109.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111003_161109.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 131
Tiger terror: nimbochromis venustus... Not sure of male or female but you'll find that out later when its head turn blue or not... Blue head = male... Stays the same = female

Giraffe cichlid :D
or just venustus.
the 1st unidentified is then most likely a hybrid, CBZ x yellow lab. that is my conclusion :)

...you'll find that out later when its head turn blue or not... Blue head = male... Stays the same = female

Here's are the two genders side by side:
img_1577755_0_7e0c3efab597af6b135d820cfa9b5125.jpg

Venustus' also get fairly large (9"-11").

Think I nailed this fish finally. I noticed some johanni have the same markings on the fins and not much else has all that plus the tail fin lines. Did a johanni keny mix and johanni lab mix search and BAM....you tube videos of the exact fish and a few details about the outcome of the breeding.

Johanni kenyi or johanni lab.

Yes? Agree? Can I go to bed now?!

For the little blue guy if he isn't a hybrid my guess would be he is pseudotropheus socolofi they have striped that come and go depending on mood . Just my guess

Little blue dude just popped his first anal fin dot. It's yellow and he's starting to muscle up on everyone.

just 'popped'?? my zebra fry were 5 weeks old and about half an inch when they started getting egg spots. lol!
but coolness on the blue dude getting punked up on everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom