Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like maybe a red shoulder peacock. Or maybe a german red. It looks young so kinda hard to tell its probably not fully colored yet.

Ok thank you. I got a pair for $4 a piece and couldn't pass them up. They look like they'll have great color and seem to get along with the other fish. Thanks for the info fellas

Duddits said:
Ok thank you. I got a pair for $4 a piece and couldn't pass them up. They look like they'll have great color and seem to get along with the other fish. Thanks for the info fellas

Depending on your tank size and what those "other fish" are they may never color up. If you have mbuna its not the peacocks getting along its the mbuna getting along with them. They may get along up until all, one or most of your african Cichlids hit that 4" mark. I have one african that out of nowhere decided he was going to just eat the ones that will fit in his mouth (fits but to big to eat Haha). And another that thinks chasing all day long is great.

Looks like a juvi aulono eureka, you can start to see the doral ever so slightly going white.

Andrew McFadden said:
Depending on your tank size and what those "other fish" are they may never color up. If you have mbuna its not the peacocks getting along its the mbuna getting along with them. They may get along up until all, one or most of your african Cichlids hit that 4" mark. I have one african that out of nowhere decided he was going to just eat the ones that will fit in his mouth (fits but to big to eat Haha). And another that thinks chasing all day long is great.

My yellow lab, who now lives in a 10g temporarily was a chaser. Just harassed who ever he could chase. As for the others, tempers have been good and the majority are Malawi cichlids as well

Malawi MaD said:
Looks like a juvi aulono eureka, you can start to see the doral ever so slightly going white.

So I have the potential of having 2 fish that look like this? That's awesome and for only $4 is sweeter.

Andrew McFadden said:
Rub it in :/

Lol hey I'm all about gloating when I find a great deal. The other peacock I got, I only paid $12 for and he's usually a $20-$25 fish at my lfs if not more.

This guy here

Back
Top Bottom