ID sharks wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish00511

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got my iridescent sharks yesturday from petco, theyre a little bit damaged but nothing that will cause a big problem, I've acclimated them into the tank, but im having trouble feeding them, they wont eat, they'll skim the top of the water probably looking for food but they avoid it, I've tried freeze dried bloodworms as well as goldfish flakes cpvered in garlic juice (i know this isnt meant for catfish but i had to try), today is day 2, still not eating, as far as I see, im not new to the fish keeping scene but I still need help. Right now they're 2 and 3 inches, theres 2 of them and theyre being kept in a 26 gallon tank, I do have plans on moving them to a 100 gallon pond when they get bigger, thays if they survive and start eating.

They're a middle feeder. Maybe try a slow sinking pellet. As juveniles they're more carnivore. Btw, that fish is marketed as Basa or Swai and is heavily sold as a food source, lol. They also get over 3' long and too big for even a 100g pond, js

Back
Top Bottom