ID, strange stuff on my LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomStav

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just looking at my tank close up (very close up) and noticed these little white specs. THey seem to be in patches all over a few rocks. they are really tiny you can barely see them. I tried taking a photo but its a little hard to see the details. They are like little baloons on strings attached to the rock. are they eggs of some sort? I've never noticed them before. My tank is a FOLR with some starfish, snails, crabs, clownfish, just the basics. Any Clue?

Thanks!

And another...

Also thought i'd get your opinion on this. Again, I have no corals in the tank. This has been growing for a month or so now, slowly but surely, it is ver fragile, just seems to be getting bigger, any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom.

the first thing is a pseudocorynactis. it's an anemone. there are some that are bad but the ones we have in our tanks stay small and don't spread very much.

the second pic is a sponge.

Mr X (or anyone else)...

I have done some research on Pseudocorynactis and have determined it is most likely young Pseudocorynactis. I am wondering if they are getting out of control as they seem to be lots of clusters over at least four rocks, should I wait it out and see what happens or try to erradicate them now while they are young? If so how would I go about doing so? As they seem to be too small to pick off individually, maybe burn them off with a lighter?

Thanks!

Tom

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

again, they won't get out of hand. these are not the types they are talking about. since i have been in this hobby, i haven't heard of a single person having a problem with them, nor have i heard of a single person that ended up with the species that gets large and eats fish.

Back
Top Bottom