ID this fish! Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanTheGuppyMan

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I ordered my angelfish they arrived with 2 hitchhikers and I would like to know what they are. I think one is an albino bristlenose pleco and one is a "golden spotted pleco". That's what I got from the Internet. Here are some pics-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 84
The first is an albino bristlenose pleco. Not sure on the 2nd but if they came from Mellow Aquatics email and ask them what they accidently sent.

Yes they were from Mellow Aquatics...I looked on their website and found the albino one but they don't have anything that matches up with the second...have you received any other fish you didn't order from them?

No I haven't. They probably got an order screwed up, your gain, but they will know what kind it is, and I've only seen them sell bristlenose so I will bet it is a type of bristlenose.

I also thought gold nugget pleco but I think the tail is also gold on the gold bugget.

Could be a gold spotted pleco (L001)

It's one of his brown BNP's look at his pic's and look at yours, the tail, spots, that's what it is. Brown Bristlenose. Every fish will have it's own pattern of spots but that is the same fish. So he sent you a small gift, thats what a lagniappes is, that was nice.

That does match up doesn't it. Huh...well that was nice! Yes I know what a lagniappes is. The way I wrote it it sounded like I was referring to the fish now that I re-read it lol.

Yeah it did sound like you were referring to the fish and I know Mellow only does BNP's so it had to be it.

Back
Top Bottom