ID this plant please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big.Jon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell me what type of plant this is. Thanks

Attachments

• plant.jpg
    plant.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 53
I think it's moneywort. Anyone else with more knowledge than me have any opinions?

Thanks for info, yes after googling Moneywort (Bacopa Monnieri) definitely think that's it. Anyone know how I can pinch these off to make them spread or if that's even possible. I am a complete newb with plants 6 tanks and this is my first planted one.

I believe each nodule where the leaves come out have the potential for roots.

Leave it attached to the main plant, pinch off leaves close to the stem but not so close as to damage the inside shoot next to the stem, think proper tree limb trimming, lay the plant down under the substrate horizontally, cover with substrate maybe 1/4 inch and wait a couple months for new plants. This works for garden variety Bacopa.

After you get some good roots on each segment and a size you like and you want to move some pieces, cut the stem between the nodules and replant.

Last edited:
i have a different type of bocopa, and with low light it would grow talk, but after i added liquid ferts it started to grow out. which is always good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom