Id this plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my lfs does not label their plants and I really don't like this one it was an impulse buy and I am gonna sell it so what is it? and what would you charge it's about 12-14 " high and there is about 7-8 stems

I don't think it is anacharis. It looks more like hornwort possibly... Photos are kind of blurry though so I cannot see the leaf structure clearly.

Anacharis grows different depending on the lighting. I've had some in low light tanks that had bigger, wider leaves that were spread further apart, then some under more intense lighting that were smaller leaves that were closer together. A closer pic would help, but it does look a lot like anacharis that's been kept under higher lighting.

Ok, agreed. Sorry, looking at photos on my phone.... The zoom on the leaves just looked too needle like. But I am sure you guys are right. The shape is definitely anacharis looking with the way the stem structure is setup and the sagging leaves.

fort384 said:
I don't think it is anacharis. It looks more like hornwort possibly... Photos are kind of blurry though so I cannot see the leaf structure clearly.

Hey fort I don't think it's hornwort I've had it in the past and it's much thicker and really soft this stuff is skinny and hard almost like pine or spruce needles if that helps at all

Yeah it will be going local but at our local stores that much is worth about 10$ crazy I know but our prices are wild joys of a small town but I want it to go quick

Imagine this a new 100 gallon tank with stand and canopy 2500$ NO EXTRAS LOL so needless to say I travel to Maine about 5 hrs away for tanks and I get them for about a 1/4 of the price

Yeah... What you pay online and what you pay in a LFS are very different. Common low light plants are widely available online for next to nothing from private hobbyists. I used to ship out dozens of stems of plants to individuals for $10 including shipping when I had my larger tank running.

mfdrookie516 said:
Anacharis grows different depending on the lighting. I've had some in low light tanks that had bigger, wider leaves that were spread further apart, then some under more intense lighting that were smaller leaves that were closer together. A closer pic would help, but it does look a lot like anacharis that's been kept under higher lighting.

Yeah it's in high light that may be why it looks a little different would it look nicer in a more shaded area in my tank?

I think it looks better when the leaves are not as thin and leggy... So I would vote yes.

Back
Top Bottom