Id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ♥ these fish too, all cichlids, really =) I will see if I have a pic that shows it.. mine has this dark blue/purple splotching in the head area. Would you say this may indicate he is probably male? I haven't attempted venting yet..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130705_180630.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130705_180630.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • ForumRunner_20130705_180700.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130705_180700.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 62
I think I just realized.. there's OB mbuna and OB peacock...right? but I thought he was result of mbuna and peacock mating?? confusing =)

come on guys, I may need a picture, ha ha. An OB is result of mbuna and peacock? Paternity result in them taking on mbuna body shape or peacock shape? OR is result of different mbuna species an OB mbuna with same going for peacocks.. Not trying to breed hybrids here just really curious =)

come on guys, I may need a picture, ha ha. An OB is result of mbuna and peacock? Paternity result in them taking on mbuna body shape or peacock shape? OR is result of different mbuna species an OB mbuna with same going for peacocks.. Not trying to breed hybrids here just really curious =)

Good question,yeah I think it's a peacock and a mbuna, takes on the look of a mbuna and a slighting less terrortorial personality

mine has peacock body type though, even some of that dark blue coloring in the face.. I don't know =)

I know my fish is a peacock =) I was confused because I had never seen an OB mbuna before. I had heard that OBs were result of peacock and mbuna mating. So I was just wondering how the two different body shapes come into play, just curious. When I saw the OB mbuna it made more sense that he was result of cross bred mbunas and my peacock cross bred peacocks.. Maybe both, maybe just lot of cross breeding going on lol
I wondered something else.. mine has this dark purple/blue splotching in head area, I think this means he's a boy, t or f? =)

Back
Top Bottom