Idea on how to catch coral bnd. Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meganinez

Aquarium Advice Regular
image-3937432572.jpg

He torments everyone and killed my cleaner shrimp. Best idea on catching him to return to LFS?

Meganinez said:
He torments everyone and killed my cleaner shrimp. Best idea on catching him to return to LFS?

Use a two litter bottle. Cut the funnel off .. submerge the bottle place at an angle put some food at the bottom when he enters pull it out.. will take a little bit, but it works...

I just went thru the same problem I have a thread somewhere on here about it. I tried everything including the soda bottle nothing worked. I threw a map puffer in and 5 seconds later the shrimp was taken care of and I just brought the puffer back.

Good luck getting that guy out of there.

DWilliams said:
I just went thru the same problem I have a thread somewhere on here about it. I tried everything including the soda bottle nothing worked. I threw a map puffer in and 5 seconds later the shrimp was taken care of and I just brought the puffer back.

Hahahahahahaha

Modification to the bottle trap.
Cut the top of the 2 litre bottle off at the shoulder. Turn the top over and cut the small end off so the hole is big enough for the shrimp to pass thru. Punch 4 holes in both the top piece and main bottle so the top can be attached upsides own to the bottle. That way the shrimp can easily enter the bottle but not get out.
I can draw a quiche pic if this only makes sense to my mind.

DWilliams said:

Lol thanks for the suggestion but I'm not cutout for premeditated murder ?

Going to try the bottle method later today. I'll look up and see if I can find a diagram of a already made on. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hopefully this makes sense. The inverted modified top should keep killer from swimming out.

Attachments

• image-955073586.jpg
    image-955073586.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom