Ideal temperature for cardinal tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
All differnt info. I don't know what is the ideal temperature for them. Some say 79 to 82 f (26 to 28 c) is ideal but others say 26 c is the maximun upper limit. Please let me know at what temperature i should keep them? Thanks

80f to 84f is my range for them,just like GBR .
Thanks Coral. I set up at 80. One more thing please how much time they need to color up? I got mine yesterday but they still have not developed there true red. Water parameters are good. Does it take more time? I have a very bright light though.

If they have cover and are happy they should color up pretty quick.
How many do you have ? They prefer schools of their own company .
Dimming the light may help.
Any other fish in tank with them ?

If they have cover and are happy they should color up pretty quick.
How many do you have ? They prefer schools of their own company .
Dimming the light may help.
Any other fish in tank with them ?
Thanks. They are slowly coloring up. I can now see the full red at bottom. Just not very dark red and i have 12 cardinals with medium sized angelfish, one betta and one electric blue ram. All fish are in harmony. Since i introduced angelfish the cardinals swimming in more tight school and colored up more. Angelfish is not interested in them at all. Light unfortunately i can't dim because have high light demanding plants.

I keep neon and cardinals and have the temperature at 24 degrees Celsius, it goes up to 27 I think in summer when hot outside

I keep neon and cardinals and have the temperature at 24 degrees Celsius, it goes up to 27 I think in summer when hot outside
Thanks. I am keeping them at 27 with a heater as with aircon my room temperature drops too much so i use a heater

Back
Top Bottom