Ideas for Betta setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so ive bought a 19L tank for a siamese fighter I've fallen in love with at work. I've had filter media maturing in my other tank for over a month, so don't worry, he's not going to be going straight into an uncycled aquarium.

I don't know how to decorate it though. Thought I'd see if anyone has some awesome ideas they'd like to suggest? I'm going to get black sand in the bottom as I think it'll really show up the fighter. He's a pale blue and white colour. I thought about maybe just putting cyperus helferi in one corner. The tank can be open topped so the cyperus could grow out of the water too. Or maybe bamboo? I like the idea of an oriental theme maybe. Or driftwood and plants? I just can't decide! Help! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1395390818895.jpg
    1395390818895.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 68
We've got this at work which I thought could look quite cool. It would extend out of the water because of its height. Its got a hole in the middle as it's made for a biorb, so maybe I could put a plant in the middle to grow through. What plant though?

Attachments

• 1395391454129.jpg
    1395391454129.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 70
So many options!!! There are some kinds of ivey or vine that would not only look great and clean the water but would also thrive in office lighting. If you like the oriental theme then you could have a bamboo (lucky bamboo) forest as long as the tops are out. Then pull apart some marimo moss balls and stick them on some rocks. You could even make a cool little shelf for the betta to rest on close to the surface!

Well I finally settled on a design. Here it is :) my apologies for the awful awful drawing. An artist I ain't ;) I wanted the wood sculpture that I put up earlier with cyperus helferi behind, valisneria spiralis at the back and to the right and anubias nana for some lower level planting.

Attachments

• 1395607881010.jpg
    1395607881010.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 59
Unfortunately the wood sculpture was over £50 and I decided that that was just too much money to spend. Instead I got some java fern on wood with cyperus and vallis behind. This is how it turned out. It looks a lot better in real life :) I'm really happy with how it's turned out! :D my other tank is so full of plants that it's almost claustrophobic. This one is like a breath of fresh air as it's more minimalist. Can't wait to get my fighter in it! I am worrying about him though. He's only been in at work for a few days and he didn't travel well :( he's looking a bit iffy, but keeping my fingers crossed that he'll pull through! Im really attached to him already!

Attachments

• 1395608453306.jpg
    1395608453306.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom