Ideas for my 5 gallon!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleeadkins2010

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 tank and it is doing great!!! But i need some ideas for little fish to put into my 5name gallon!! Im lookin for something very colorful and somewhat low maintenance!!! Any ideas???:fish1:

A 5 gallon is hard to stock. You would be looking at a Betta, maybe a pea puffer or two. Could do a shrimp setup with java moss. That's about it really. Maybe 1 or 2 more other fish that would work.

Betta, shrimp, scarlet badis, snails, maybe even celestial pearl danios

How about white clouds? Wouldnt need a heater for them either :)

They love java moss for substrate I think aqua soil is the best a little pricey but you shouldnt need too much for a 5 gallon. They just need lots of plants for them to hide and play in. Make sure you check your light requirements and the light output on your tank lighting to make sure the plants will grow, there is also plant fertilizer you can add to your tank but if you use aqua soil you shouldn't really need it. Best part about aqua soil, no rinsing you just drop it right in the tank out of the bag.

Not a problem I'm working on setting up another planted tank right now so any questions you have don't hesitate you ask everyone on here is so helpful and there is so much knowledge here.

Back
Top Bottom